Home > Trip Reports > 12-3-06 -- Kendall Stump

12-3-06 -- Kendall Stump

12/3/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Randito on 12/3/06 12:00pm
Took a slacker start at 10:30 from exit 53 / Yellowstone road.   Cut through old growth started from the turn around a little ways south along Yellowstone road (just north of where Cold creek cuts through the old growth) Skinning up the lower part of the clearcut in the tight trees was pretty bad.   Tree spacing improved at the point the slope steepened thankfully.    Once I hit the logging road I hit what must have been Tophervw and  Double E's ski track from Sat.  Thanks guys!   Took a long lunch on top of the knob -- just taking in the view -- including the monster lift lines across the way.    Wanting to avoid the tight trees I'd just come up,  I skied directly west from the knob down the upper clear cut and soon entered the old growth -- which was pretty good skiing actually.   The snow on this aspect and in the old growth showed little sun or wind effect.    Lower down I ended up intersecting the PCT -- which had a well packed out ski / snowshoe track on it, which I skied out to the freeway and hiked back along route 906 to Exit 53.  Since it was only 3:30 -- I drove over to Summit Central and rode the lifts until close. (now short lines and soft moguls)

Reply to this TR

12-3-06-kendall-stump
Randito
2006-12-03 20:00:03