Home > Trip Reports > November 29, 2006, Snoqualmie Summit

November 29, 2006, Snoqualmie Summit

11/29/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 11/29/06 3:44am
Kept the streak alive with 1600' this morning at the Pass, solo dawn patrol.  17 degrees with an easterly breeze was a shock after the past week of 85-90 degree temps in Buenos Aires, but the snow was superb, likely as good as any I will see this season.  Sorry to miss this past weekend, it sounded great too.  Flying into Seattle yesterday, it appears that the Cascades have a solid base now, let the snows begin.
We were up there accross from you observing the weather and such. Must have just missed each other or something. Get in touch if you feel like riding. It would have been more like an early morning keg stand with you making turns with us.

And Base? Well under all of that POWDER there is in fact a base.  ;D

The snow gods were indeed looking down upon us this morning. Nothing like a sunrise followed by 2000 ft of NW pow.

Ian

Nice flight Tony. Where is that at?
I am fixing on a dawn partol tomorrow barring DOT ice rink.
Nice work on streaking Silas, let's dawnpatrol soon.

Nice pics, Tony and Ian.

You guys get up too early. By 10:30, moguls were starting to form . . .

Great photo Ian!  It looks almost better than it did in person.

And the making of said photo... :)

spinfast - that sun rise pic was so pretty I put it in my screen saver :) thx! alisa

author=blitz link=topic=5650.msg23643#msg23643 date=1164912315]
spinfast - that sun rise pic was so pretty I put it in my screen saver :) thx! alisa

Thanks Alisa (and thank you for letting me know) It's amazing how quickly you forget about the 3:45 AM wake-up call when you see scenes like this.  The picture may actually be available as a some sort of thank you card (for the holidays) in the near future.

Ian

If only this snow would stay around :'(

Reply to this TR

november-29-2006-snoqualmie-summit
silaswild
2006-11-29 11:44:35