Home > Trip Reports > Sat., Nov 25, 2006, Union Creek and Bullion Peak

Sat., Nov 25, 2006, Union Creek and Bullion Peak

11/15/06
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by BrentH on 11/28/06 2:28am
I know this is dated by now, but I am posting to say hello to my friends. I am back in Connecticut at my desk, but I feel as if I won the lottery. With only one day to ski in the Cascades in conjunction with a Thanksgiving visit I hit it - sunshine and powder.
Eric F organized our greyback group of 5 (average age being about 60).  We broke trail from the site of the avalanche-to-be to the top of Bullion Peak except for the last several hundred meters when we were caught by a party who graciously gave us first shot at Union Creek. Then we climbed back over Bullion Peak and exited by descending its skier's left after cautiously entering from the side.  Conditions were as good as can be imagined - at least a meter of recent and unconsolidated. It was stable where we skied, but we had been warned by the Ski Patrol to avoid N facing slopes. Reflect upon how good you have it out there!

Brent,
Great to hear that you were back in town and enjoyed the recent powder storms. It certainly has been special.

It's great that your turkey timing was so perfect, Brent.
Glad to hear you "hit the window".

Brent-

Thanks again for breaking trail for us - it was quite an effort that day.  My wife Sonya and I were part of the party that chased you up and down the ridge.  I often do reflect on how good we have it here - I'm glad you hit a particularly good one while you were here.
:)
Orion

Reply to this TR

sat-nov-25-2006-union-creek-and-bullion-peak
BrentH
2006-11-28 10:28:23