Home > Forum > Nov.22 Crystal

Nov.22 Crystal

• alpymarr
  • [alpymarr]
More
23 Nov 2006 12:26 #212549 by alpymarr
Nov.22 Crystal was created by alpymarr
First day on the hill in wintry conditions, arrived back from the east coast to abundant powder. Conditions today were better than expected, being really deep in spots. Lapped green valley ikn the morning where plentiful stashes were to be had. Powder bowl opened up and was also good. Watched as patrol opened up Upper Ext. and went right on in. The top 500 feet sucked a lot as there were maybe 6 inches of misleading fluff on top of the ice rink layer of last weeks raincrust. Than all of the sudden, the ice rink gave way to seemingly bottomless fluff. Faceshots and navel deep pow...how glorious..all the way back to chinook. Lapped that the rest of the day, didn't see a soul. Really nice start to my season, hope everyone gets a chance to get up soon....its great. ;D ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2006 19:18 #212551 by teter
Replied by teter on topic Re: Nov.22 Crystal
Yeah I was up there as well when they opened up both bullrun and Exterminator we were the two snowboarders who jumped into bullrun right when the ski patrol guy lifted the pole
(it was hilarious watching him try to carry all those pulls)

• shroomtoon
  • [shroomtoon]
More
24 Nov 2006 19:08 #212553 by shroomtoon
Replied by shroomtoon on topic Re: Nov.22 Crystal
Teter,

I was rite behind you two boarders on my tele gear.. I lapped that three times then my knees begged me to stop (top to bottoms burn oh so good), .. So deep for my first day of the season.. Can only image how killer it was on turkey day..

More
26 Nov 2006 11:10 #212559 by teter
Replied by teter on topic Re: Nov.22 Crystal
Thanksgiving was great everyone was gone by noon and I was say 3/4 of the chairs on Rex were empty