Home > Trip Reports > May 16, 2002, Silver Fir Runs, Snoqualmie Pass

May 16, 2002, Silver Fir Runs, Snoqualmie Pass

5/16/02
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Robie on 9/9/02 9:51am
Another steel toes to Scarpa night (maybe I could have my steel toes resoled with 3 pin?). This time I talked Bob "Noodles" Nitzinger of tandem ski fame to join me for some exercise, skiing and maybe even find my lost bi focals. About 1.5" of snow at the parking lot to Silver Fir and the pack increases to 5' on the top of the hill. Lots of good skiing left. Started up at 6:30pm and walked up on pretty soft corn. We came to search area for glasses, split up and 20 steps later Bob "hey I found the glasses". I thought he was kidding me but sure enough he had them in his hand and unbelievebly in perfect shape. I had lost them over a month ago while pulling my skins out of jacket pocket. They had been covered with what I think was 2' or more if snow and run over by skis, snoboards, snomobiles and groomers.

I gave Noodles a big hug cause he saved me some dough and will do something nice for him (Can't believe he tried to lay some gas money on me). That took about 5 minutes with my celebration lasting longer than the actual search! Up we went skiing the the upper steep section twice in some really good corn and finally stopping to put some special wax on before gliding out and down to car. Not a bad way to spend a night maybe next week I'll start taking a picnic supper with beer along in these exercise trips. "The only thing coming up in my garden is moles.

Robie

Reply to this TR

may-16-2002-silver-fir-runs-snoqualmie-pass
Robie
2002-09-09 16:51:17