Home > Trip Reports > Aug 27, 06 PPS - Paradise Patch Skiing - MRNP

Aug 27, 06 PPS - Paradise Patch Skiing - MRNP

8/15/06
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by ron j on 8/28/06 5:16am
Couldn't have picked a better day for some mellow patch skiing;
The weather was stellar; the wildlife was mellow; the snow skied creamy smooth, a nonplussed old mountain goat our sole audience. 
Even the tourists were fun on the way back out.
The picTURES tell the story pretty well.

i like your patch, Ron!  it's HUGE.  ;)

It was good to see you out there on Sunday!  I only wish I'd had skis with me...

When we left the parking lot at about 10:20, that deer was still there.

It was a great day :D, there was more wildlife out than skiers, where the heck is everyone??  No suncups on our HUGE, (as Kam puts it), patch  ;D.   We enjoyed a few laps, took a lunch break, watched the goat, took a few more laps, had our very own famous ron j "mountain margaritas" and visited with the tourists on the way out.  Gosh, they were more interested in us than with the wildlife  ;).  What an August to remember  8).

You 2 look like champs, nice turns ;)

This Mountain Margarita thing is getting to be a habit 8), I still have some in my pack from Slush Cup....wish I could have been there.....Jerry

It would have been better had you been there, Jer... I had to drink yours, too  ;)

David - You're too kind.   The MadDog and I have been thinking it would be nice if we could figure out a way to hook our walkers up to our skis.  I wonder how that would affect our turns  ::)

Mark - it would have been fun to have you along; you just would have had to do an extra 50, or so laps to burn up all that energy you have.   Or - no, I got it, carrying 3 packs with skis outta even things out a bit.  8)

Kam - Our patch will never compare to those gems you find -- we can't find them far enough away from the car ! :)

author=Mad_Dog link=topic=5260.msg22203#msg22203 date=1156809566]
It was a great day :D, there was more wildlife out than skiers, where the heck is everyone??  No suncups on our HUGE, (as Kam puts it), patch  ;D.   We enjoyed a few laps, took a lunch break, watched the goat, took a few more laps, had our very own famous ron j "mountain margaritas" and visited with the tourists on the way out.  Gosh, they were more interested in us than with the wildlife  ;).  What an August to remember  8).

I was up there on sunday :) I was only asked where i was going skiing about 15 times, which isn't bad considering. I like the one where i tell them that we went to ski the largest salt deposit in the world. The cocaine one is pretty good too. Ha. Anyway, it was a good day up there. Unfortunately a nap overcame me before i made it to muir.

Almost to 100 months :)

oh, the shame, the shame.  JW confesses he made it back to the slush cup parking lot with unconsumed mountain maragaritas in his pack?  the rules are simple.  ski all the freshies - it will snow again tomorrow.  drink (or share) all the tasty beverages - the guvernor will make sure the liquor stores will be open again tomorrow. 

I mean, isn't that the whole point of travelling with a lifeguard anyway?

Reply to this TR

aug-27-06-pps-paradise-patch-skiing-mrnp
ron j
2006-08-28 12:16:42