Home > Trip Reports > July 9, 2006, MRNP - Sourdough Chutefest

July 9, 2006, MRNP - Sourdough Chutefest

7/9/06
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by snoslut on 7/10/06 2:12am
This years Sourdough Chutefest went off in classic style.  The sun was out and from time to time the clouds seemed to hover over at the most convenient of times.  There were many participants and when it came time to git er dun, everyone seemed to break off into their own groups.  There was Robie, Anita, Shannon and friend.  There was Ron, Jeanette, Stephan and myself.  Even Josh, Jason and Phil showed up.

Everyone found their favorite lines and got their harvest on.  Without mentioning names some of us were even fortunate enough to get a tongue lashing from the ranger.  Woulda been a good time to bust out them meadow permits, which can be purchased at the Nacheese Tavern. ;D ;)

The day came to a close but not before enjoying some bbq, thanks to yours truly, Maddog.  Then the late afternoon stupper kicked in.  We watched and chuckled while tourists, hikers and people of all types made their way back to the parking lot.

I€™ll post my pictures once I sort thru them and get them loaded.  Until let€™s see what goods other people found€¦
Great TR, Eric.

And You're Right, it was a fun tour with great friends

nice lines

and great weather

topped off with a MadDog "homewrecker" grilled to perfection on the barbie.  It doesn't get much better.

It was also fun chattering with phil on the radio all day and meeting the Hummel brothers at the end of the tour.  I had actually seen so many pictures of them and read so much about their impressive exploits in the Cascades I actually felt like I already knew them.  It wasn't until they were gone that I realized I should have introducted myself and shook their hand.  Next time, eh guys?

Nice seeing you again, too, Phil.

It was also fun meeting Rob Nordheim, Anita (Alpine Rose) and seeing Shannon Marie and Robie out again.  Hope to ski with you all again soon.

Managed to post some shots of the lines we skied HERE.

It certainly was a great chute fest  :D, great weather, skiing, and friends, what more could you ask for.  The snow conditions were fantastic, and our favorite chutes were at the peak of their harvest  ;D. 

So, ah, Ron, I heard that there were some chutes by the lookout  ;D

author=Jason_H. link=topic=5102.msg21450#msg21450 date=1152568755]
So, ah, Ron, I heard that there were some chutes by the lookout  ;D

We missed those.  So much to ski, so little time, eh?  ;)

author=snoslut link=topic=5102.msg21441#msg21441 date=1152551538]
Without mentioning names some of us were even fortunate enough to get a tongue lashing from the ranger. 

Sound like a wild party. Who would have suspected the "Home Wreckers" would cause such a fuss.

Great day for the event maybe next year.
Good to see that Sag is still skiing, and on a new set of BD skis.
Joe

Last but never least Bob Grubb showed up and made a few runs with us.
What a beautful day and somewhere I have some pics.

author=snoslut link=topic=5102.msg21441#msg21441 date=1152551538]
Without mentioning names some of us were even fortunate enough to get a tongue lashing from the ranger. 

author=Joedabaker link=topic=5102.msg21452#msg21452 date=1152570326]
Sound like a wild party. Who would have suspected the "Home Wreckers" would cause such a fuss.

No fuss, no muss, our "geezer" pace was so stealth like we flew in under the radar  ;D.  We missed you Joe, you would have liked this one.

Here,I found my pics.Not chute quality but high on scenic skiers
sunrise pics

It really was a great day.  Great friends, good snow and nice weather,  I could not have asked for more.

yeah Joe, you knew I'd still be skiing. Ya just don't stop doing something that makes ya smile that much. To bad you couldn't make it, it has been to long.  As far as new skis you would laugh at the size of my quiver now, I have a serious problem. Technically those skis are not the new ones any more ;D

pics link
http://community.webshots.com/album/552136348vOxkDV/0

Robie and Stefan:
Nice job with the pictures, guys.

Wow, that looks like it was tons of fun. Great pictures too. Count me in if I'm around next summer!

Reply to this TR

july-9-2006-mrnp-sourdough-chutefest
snoslut
2006-07-10 09:12:18