Home > Forum > Soft snow around Paradise tomorrow (Sat. 8th)?

Soft snow around Paradise tomorrow (Sat. 8th)?

• Hank
  • [Hank]
More
07 Feb 2003 09:52 #168173 by Hank
From what I've read I'm gathering there will be a nasty sun crust on everything that is a quick walk from the parking lot (Edith Creek area)? I'm hoping of making a few nearly-no-approach laps with some lazy friends, shoot a few beautifully staged action photos, etc.<br><br>Will that be doable at Paradise tomorrow? Maybe Mazama ridge? If not any suggestions?<br><br>I've done some riding in the Alpe BC this week, but I'm looking for a shorter slog. Been a good week overall -- really hate to see it go w/o promise of any more snow!<br><br>thanks much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
07 Feb 2003 16:23 #168174 by Charles
I've been wondering the same thing, but can't help you because we went for the shady slopes up at Baker yesterday. I did see that it has been getting progressively warmer each day at Paradise - to 40 Wed, 44 Thurs, and 53 today - so it seems like the crust might be melting during the day. Then there's the question of what the 12+ inches of last weekend's new will be like - oh, but you'll be riding, so mashed potatoes shouldn't matter much. If you go, please let us know what you find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.