Home > Trip Reports > July 1, 2006, Snow Dome, Mt. Hood

July 1, 2006, Snow Dome, Mt. Hood

7/1/06
OR Mt Hood
Posted by Snodger on 7/1/06 12:56pm
Spent a great day on the north side today. The snow was great and the cool breeze made it a pleasant hike and skin. Theres  enough snow to ski all the way out to the trail in a number of spots, I followed another group down the bowl and gully skiers left and on the hike out saw that the exit gully for what I think is Langille bowls (where the waterfall is once it melts out) is completely covered down to where the trail crosses.

Oh yeah, the wood bridge isn't in place yet but the creek has good snow bridge coverage.

Today we had to hike a few extra miles as a USFS crew was still clearing the downed trees off the road. For now it's closed at inspiration pt. the good news is they thought they would get done today and so the road should be open tomorrow.

[Edit: modified title]
Thanks for the report Snodger.  Any pictures?  I'm planning on heading up there in a couple of weeks.  Sounds like there will still be plenty of snow by then :D

Hey Stoudma,

Sorry I haven't been on TAY lately and didn't see your message till yesterday. Then tonight I found time to try and put up my pics but realized I haven't yet installed my camera's editing software onto my new computer  so I can't put up the huge picture files til I shrink em down. Perhaps later tonight or tomorrow- no promises though. Looks like theres some more recent info n the board anyway. Have a great trip!

Roger

Reply to this TR

july-1-2006-snow-dome-mt-hood
Snodger
2006-07-01 19:56:20