Home > Forum > Ski Mountaineering Tools

Ski Mountaineering Tools

• Darin_Offpister
  • [Darin_Offpister]
More
27 Jan 2003 18:04 - 09 Feb 2003 12:46 #168151 by Darin_Offpister
Ski Mountaineering Tools was created by Darin_Offpister
To all,<br><br>   For anyone interested in tools and crampons you may want to look at these:<br><br><br>www.camp-usa.com/product.aspx?product=28&cat=3
&
www.camp-usa.com/product.aspx?product=15&cat=2

From a weight factor and performance the 390 XLC crampons are extremely lightweight(currently lightest 12point in the world) and suprisingly very durable. They cost $105.00. The 210 XLA axe has a snow plug in the shaft and weighs 245grams at 60cm, it costs $89.00. Jim Nelson at Pro Mountain Sports sells both of these and highly recommends them.
Darin -Offpister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Oker
  • [jim_oker]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
28 Jan 2003 08:07 #168155 by Jim Oker
Replied by Jim Oker on topic Light Crampons
I've used the one they have here:<br>www.camp-usa.com/product.aspx?product=29&cat=3
and though it's not something you could use on ski boots, I'd highly recommend it as a "just in case" crampon, and it's of the same general construction as the one that is listed by Darin-O. You'll actually put these on your pack even when you're not sure you'll see snow or ice.

-Jim

More
28 Jan 2003 12:08 #168156 by Bill_G
Replied by Bill_G on topic Re: January DAY, 2003, LOCATION
I use one of the light CAMP axes for ski trips or other light-duty treks. It's so light you don't hesitate to throw it in. However, if you go this route, don't plan on doing anything that will crank on the head or across the shaft--there's a reason it's so light. It's good for an arrest,though.<br><br>Bill G