Home > Trip Reports > June 3, 2006, Foss Peak Circumcision,Tatoosh

June 3, 2006, Foss Peak Circumcision,Tatoosh

6/3/06
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JW on 6/4/06 7:00am

Kenji and Allyson picked me up at Basecamp Puyallup and we were off too Rainier with no particular destination in mind.  I had talked with Ron J the night before concerning Sunday ski plans and he was thinking  Unicorn.  All of the Tatoosh was looking good but the seed Ron had planted was too much ....Unicorn it was.  When I'd been there previously  we had followed the summer trail from Bench Lake, past Snow Lake then climbed the steep chute that leads into the basin. this time we were able to climb the ridge to the west of the valley and Saddle. The snow in the upper part of the run was quite good corn, but becoming sticky on the lower half. From here we decided to tour around Foss Peak so we climbed out of the basin and on this section 8). Kenji homed in on the car and we skied out of the woods right on target!   Fun day, you two.....Jerry

nice photos, jer!  glad we all made it across the traverse(s) from hell without incident. ;)

thanks you guys for a great day--i'll take more of those kind of "rainy" days anytime!  8)

Congratulation on leading your first Mountee trip!  It was really nice to explore a little peak, whose summit is just above Allyson in the picture.

BTW, Jerry did you mean "circumnavigation"? ;D

author=Kenji link=topic=4853.msg20531#msg20531 date=1149473967]
BTW, Jerry did you mean "circumnavigation"? ;D

I never was to good with spelling ::)

I don't know, it was a beautiful spot, woulda been a great location for a foreskin sacrifice . . . looks like you made a good call on going Saturday, yesterday was a little greyer and wetter!

Well, I *almost* met up with you guys . . . I think?
Picked up both messages on my cell phone Saturday morning, then headed over to Wild Berry's and waited there until 8:55, but no such luck.  Cruised by Longmire, but no signs of a blue Jetta.
Oh well, was a great day to be skiing pretty much anywhere with anybody!

Looks like you guys had a good day too.  even though we didn't do a circumcision, we had fun over on the interglacier.  hey kenji, thanks for the tip on kam's photo.  yes, I had seen it although looks like it's gone now  ???

Reply to this TR

june-3-2006-foss-peak-circumcision-tatoosh
JW
2006-06-04 14:00:13