Home > Trip Reports > June 3, 2006, Mt Fortune

June 3, 2006, Mt Fortune

6/3/06
Posted by Michael on 6/4/06 3:20am
Cass managed to convince me not to sleep in on Saturday morning to recuperate from a long week and I am glad he did.
We left the car at the end of the Ingalls trailhead (now very easily accessible to the end - it's soo nice not to have to walk the last 2.5 miles  ;D) at 9am. About a 15 mn walk up the trail and we were able to put our skis on, we navigated our way to best connect the snow patches and cross the various creeks. At about 4900 feet coverage started being continuous. We

Chris developed a new technique for going over the snowbridges - it worked ;D:

A couple more pictures of Chris:
1, 2
Another fine day out in the mountains  8) 
Even though Michael didn't get to sleep-in, he managed to catch-up on that lost sleep at the summit

Additional trip photos are posted here

Looks like you guys had a great day and got caught up on some zzzzz's as well, nice job!  Imagine that was bryan and carol up there.  We tried Fortune and Ingalls 2 weeks ago and got caught in that sudden storm.  Never been so wet...then managed to leave my soggy pants on top of the car after changing so quickly.  You didn't find them on the road did you??  >:(

author=Paul_Russell link=topic=4849.msg20533#msg20533 date=1149477439]
Imagine that was bryan and carol up there.  We tried Fortune and Ingalls 2 weeks ago and got caught in that sudden storm.  Never been so wet...then managed to leave my soggy pants on top of the car after changing so quickly.  You didn't find them on the road did you??  >:(

Yes, I believe it was them. They told us about your trauma from a couple of weeks ago and the fact that you didn;t want to go back  ;)
...and no, I did not see the pants, by now many people probably drove over them like you drive over BBQs  ;D.

author=Michael link=topic=4849.msg20562#msg20562 date=1149575063]
...and no, I did not see the pants, by now many people probably drove over them like you drive over BBQs  ;D.

oooo, ouch, paul--you're never going to live that bbq incident down!  ;)  but i know what it's like to leave pants on top of a car after skiing, i lost a pair last year up near hart's pass.  i still think about how lonely they must be, or how happy someone else must be...

michael and cass--sweet trip, dooods!  glad you got some good turns in.  way to sleep it/ski it down to the base!  8)

Reply to this TR

june-3-2006-mt-fortune
Michael
2006-06-04 10:20:22