Home > Trip Reports > May 29, Tattoosh

May 29, Tattoosh

5/15/06
Posted by Scotsman on 5/30/06 12:39am
Telemack and I went to the Tattoosh on Monday. Drove to Reflection lakes and skinned up to the Castle col in about an hour. Very bad visibility at the top and wet , gloppy new snow that was definately slide prone. Ski down was not that enjoyable although it improved toward the bottom as the snow got wetter and less grabby. After a short rest, we decided to head back up again to ski some steeper slopes we had seen on skier's left. As we climbed , conditions cleared so we ended up back at the col. Telemack took a more aggresive ski down setting off some harmless wet sloughs but I steered him away from the more open steeper slopes, probably over cautious .

Still wanting more , we drove down the Stevens Canyon Road looking for future ski objectives and then drove to Paradise. Skinned up to the top of Alta Vista. Telemack dropped in over a steep rollover and set of a really big wet slide. I followed on a less steep area. We then hiked long the Edith Basin Trail back to Paradise but couldn't resist dropping down  to the Paradise Valley road. To get onto the road we had to downclimb a 10' vertical snow bank which was fun.

OK day, skiing was so-so and I had my skinny B2's and missed my beloved fat Reverends which would have handled the snow conditions much better.;D

Met Mr. Silas Wild at the Paradise car park and he was in usual peak form. Good to see you Silas!

Reply to this TR

may-29-tattoosh
Scotsman
2006-05-30 07:39:23