Home > Trip Reports > January 9, 2003, Snow Lake Trail

January 9, 2003, Snow Lake Trail

1/9/03
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by MikeyB on 1/9/03 2:44am
Another quick jaunt to the overlook above Snow Lake.  Had a decent ski back down to Source Lake - several inches of "powdery" snow with a firm base underneath.  Many rivulets in the snow so kind of bumpy and already discovered, but there were a few good turns there (on my new skis).  And the views were great!  From Source Lake to the parking lot was a bobsled course (we walked).
Thanks for the report Mike. So what do you think about the likely coverage around Nordic Pass now? I'm hoping that the solid base will enable some reasonable skiing in the woods soon - new snow is supposed to be coming in starting this weekend.

Those were your first turns on your new skis? How do you like them - are you suddenly a better skier (as I found when I got mine)?

It seemed like there were a good 3-4 feet of snow at the overlook to Snow Lake (and Source Lake is still barely visible).  Don't know how that might translate to Nordic Pass tree skiing as I'm not familiar with that area yet.  The skis are great - much more control.

Reply to this TR

january-9-2003-snow-lake-trail
MikeyB
2003-01-09 10:44:23