Home > Trip Reports > April 19, 2006, Alpental (NAKED!)

April 19, 2006, Alpental (NAKED!)

4/19/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Merk on 4/19/06 12:46pm
I had the day off so I decided to take a quick tour up at Alpental.  Being alone, I'd decided that it would be a safe bet to just stay within the ski area.  I started climbing at 9:30 and instantly overheated.  I reached the top of chair 2 at 11:00.  Sunny blue skies and blazing sun made for a very pleasant stay on top.  I got to thinking that since I was the only person there, and since it was such a great day, and since I'd been thinking about doing this since my ski career began, I couldn't think of a reason why I shouldn't ski down naked.  What the hell???  So off came the clothes,  on went the skis, and I was off!  I was suprised to find powdery conditions on the top of International.  I was even more suprised at how cold the snow was on my skin as it attached to my legs and ass.  But I must say that skiing naked is the most liberating and exhilirating feeling ever!  I can't wait to experience this again.  Maybe I'll make it an annual tradition.   Sorry, no pics.
I'll second the naked skiing thing.  Everyone must do it once (or many times) in their life...  :D

cool. How about a new category, "first naked decents"?

...but later when the weather warms and you see that great looking snow slope that slides straight into a thawing lake or pond, avoid the tempation to treat it as a water slide and hit the sitting glissade into the drink. The plunge isn't so bad, but the sandpaper slide (think 100 grit) and the slap, slap leave a lot to be desired.  ;)

The hills have eyes.

I think I'll watch you guys. Kinda turns the whole mountain into a "no fall zone" . . .

Thanks for NOT posting photos!

Be careful in the deep tele turns, don't want to snip anything. 

author=gregL link=topic=4540.msg19360#msg19360 date=1145550447]
I think I'll watch you guys. . . .

Perv. ;D

This would be the one time shrinkage probably would work in your favor.

Bravo!

Having two naked descents under my belt (so to speak), Mt Lassen (not from the summit) and Volcan Casablanca in Chile (quite possibly a first naked descent), I cannot agree more - there is something unbelievably liberating about skiing naked.

And the funniest part is how a little skin reduces grown men to act like giggling school girls.  A must do.

Reply to this TR

april-19-2006-alpental-naked
Merk
2006-04-19 19:46:53