Home > Trip Reports > March 22, 2006, Kaleetan

March 22, 2006, Kaleetan

3/22/06
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cyril on 4/2/06 10:31am
I guess sky and I were lazy to post this trip, but maybe I can give out some useful info.

I was sitting in the bath, and eating at about 10am in Corey's Alpental condo, and a little after 1 we were on the summit.
I liked the ease of getting to a scenic nice line with the lift assist.
Six different little descents on this loop, and we were back to the chair at 3:30 to catch it again.  

It was fun to skate across Melakwa lake, and from the pass to the summit of Kaleetan is super short and easy.  The views of the exposure to the north are serious sphincter tighteners.  

For a day when the resort just had thick mank to ski, it was a real treat to find a few inches of silky on some steeps.  The ridge separating the south  summit gully from the east line down to Melakwa pass doesn't hold snow well but it's covered well now.

I have done the Chair Peak circumnav  before without Kaleetan, but it is not much more time for a great view and steep line.

We also did a little variation on the run down to Snow Lake, going skiers right into the next gully.  It choked out and got technical.   We chalked it up as worthy training for some North Cascades craziness.

Reply to this TR

march-22-2006-kaleetan
cyril
2006-04-02 17:31:07