Home > Forum > ski pole build-up for wrist injury

ski pole build-up for wrist injury

• dkoelle
  • [dkoelle]
More
20 Mar 2006 06:35 #174794 by dkoelle
ski pole build-up for wrist injury was created by dkoelle
...a fantastic spring, and wrist in a splint 5 more weeks. My fingers can only flex at the middle and distal knuckles, but not the first knuckle where the fingers meet the palm. The splint goes from forearm to the middle knuckle. If I could build up/thicken the grip on my ski pole, I could sort of grab it and do at least mellow trips. Ideas for a malleable substance? Anyone ever modified their pole to deal with an arm/wrist injury? Does anyone know where to buy that thermo-moldable plastic that is used to make splints (guess I could ask my orthopod...) I was thinking foam rubber and duct tape...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• normanclyde
  • [normanclyde]
More
20 Mar 2006 08:03 #174800 by normanclyde
Replied by normanclyde on topic Re: ski pole build-up for wrist injury
I built up my boot liners last year using foam pipe insulation from the hardware store. It worked only all right, but it cost next to nothing. For a pole handle it ought to be very effective, because the insulation comes in the right shape to begin with. You could even carve finger ridges into it. No big risk in giving it a try.

• Marcus
  • [Marcus]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Mar 2006 09:09 #174801 by Marcus
Replied by Marcus on topic Re: ski pole build-up for wrist injury
A friend of mine had his ortho re-cast his arm so that the grip fit a ski pole -- took the pole in with him to the MD's office to do it...