Home > Trip Reports > March 11-12, 2006, N Cascades, Mt Baker area

March 11-12, 2006, N Cascades, Mt Baker area

3/11/06
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Paul_Russell on 3/14/06 1:14am
Wow, great snow conditions with good stability and sun.  North aspects were 10-12" of light powder with crust on south and easterly slopes exposed to sun.  Some surface sluffs on slopes up to 45 degrees, but overall stability was good.  Some of the best skiing of the year!

"North Cascades area"

that really narrows it down.

Looks like everybody hit thier secret stash this weekend and would like to keep it that way.

okay, added Mt Baker since Gregg_C already mentioned it elsewhere.  I was a guest to this stash...thanks to Gregg and Mike for the great weekend and tour.

http://www.turns-all-year.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ha1;action=display;num=1142129853

Those are amazing pics, Paui!

I love March. ;D ;D

Tim,

Do you have to encourage this!!!  Mike is already unbearable as it is.  The guy is way overexposed!  Paul takes good pictures of course.  Now if we could get him to point the camera at others we would all be happy to take him out again.

Things are looking good for the weekend again!!!

I love March as well.......And April.........

okay, added Mt Baker since Gregg_C already mentioned it elsewhere.  I was a guest to this stash...thanks to Gregg and Mike for the great weekend and tour.

http://www.turns-all-year.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ha1;action=display;num=1142129853

No worries. There is another 500,000 acres to ski on in the North Cascades. Plenty to go around as long as the access doesn't get any easier.

It is best not to exploit the SECRETS.

This is best one I got of you Gregg.  It looks like you're trying to fly or something off that cornice...and what's that thing coming out of the top of  your head??   I'll try harder to catch you in good form next time, promise. ;D

WOW - great shots Paul!!

I found a better one Gregg!  You look great, awesome hair.

author=Paul_Russell.link=board=tr0603;num=1142378099;start=0#10 date=03/16/06 at 07:37:01]You look great, awesome hair.

yes, that is awesome hair for sure.  ;)

looks like spring has sprung!  longer days, more sun, but still lots of snow...way to get out there and enjoy it!  nice photos too.

Reply to this TR

march-11-12-2006-n-cascades-mt-baker-area
Paul_Russell
2006-03-14 09:14:59