Home > Trip Reports > December 22, 2002, Paradise

December 22, 2002, Paradise

12/22/02
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by BrentH on 12/22/02 5:27am
Ned_Flanders has already provided yesterday's Tatoosh report. It was a pleasure meeting and skiing with him and Simon. Today JohnB and I skied from Paradise to do several runs in the Edith Creek area. John has recently undergone brain surgery, gamma knifing, and chemo (and is in remission!), so to see him out again was a blessing. John was trying his new gear, K2 Shuksans with Dynafit TriStep. He kept kicking off the TriSteps (if you're going to go Dynafit stick with the Model 4, the old-style model with the groove to accept ski crampons. IMHO the TriSteps are not an improvement over the Model 4.) Visibility was not perfect, but was an improvement from the day before. As on the day before, the snow was nice for around here and coverage is good, however, most of the usual venues around Edith Creek/Golden Gates/Mazama Ridge are getting tracked.
Congrats to John for being in remission!!!

Brent there were 7 of us that were skiing the Mazama ridge/bowl area yesterday, Ron, myself, Robie, Bob N, Dorthea, Maxine, and Ray.  The snow was great and we had a blast.  I just purchased a new pairs of BD Crossbows and Tristep bindings, I haven't had any problem with them coming off.  

Have a great holiday, looking forward to seeing you on the Mountain

(Jeanette)

I'll add my 2 cents in here , Lower slopes from pan point down could use a couple more feet to fill in the gullies.No signs of natural or triggered releases.
What got into Dorothea? She musta knocked off 7-8 runs. HAppy holidays to all.  

Yeah, Dorthea rocks  ;D  ;D

Yep. She rocks all right... check it out:

the rest of the pics are at: http://groups.msn.com/WildHeartsSkiing/evenbetterparadise122202.msnw

Reply to this TR

december-22-2002-paradise
BrentH
2002-12-22 13:27:42