Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2020 15:26 #233605 by ddk
Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa! was created by ddk
Short Report - OUCH! Fun, Sunny, coldish, light crowd, great leftovers in places from the
weekend crowds, perfect Hamster conditions which mean limited knowledge about the overall
conditions, but PB big! GV Bowl big! MIFB skiied fast and smooth all day (best for me this
recent season for high speed screamers all day). Did Kellys Gap and lower E with the Ferks
for my last run of the day which expanded my limited on snow conditions report.
Did try BP's early and also early afternoon - not warm enough today to enjoy it.  So my
day? GV Bowl/MIFB, PB/LS (with a couple BP's) and..Kellys Gap via SnortElk Bowl (also nice).

Wordy Report - Said it all in the short report.  GREAT DAY!

Other - Passed through CB lodge kinda late to find reasonable looking pizza and NO SOUP!
Replaced by Dirt Bag nachos?  Allowed me to ski more and sit less. 

Other Other - No lift lines (but I did have to ride some lifts with other folks), end
of season crowds and end of season food on the mountain. Pay lot massive and not full,
no buses, B and C had a fair number of cars parked (Mondays are getting busier - reason
#1 prefers Tuesdays now).  Drive up and down where way above happy expectations.

Other other other - looking forward to a Scotsman report? And a Quick Foot report.

And yes Binx I did quit early to  save some legs to ski  with you tomorrow! And #1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2020 15:38 #233606 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!
Yes, a 4 out of 5 day.

2 out of 2 for the cold, clear weather with no winds. 2 out of 3 for snow. Expanded our terrain beyond ddk to include Paradise Bowl and Bruces Bowl. Very nice. Stayed away from the front side and Bear Pits was one and done, although I've skied it a lot worse. Did several top to bottoms out Kelly's Gap. Goodness, Crystal went crazy with the cats out there grooming both sides of Berry Patch very wide. I thought lower-E bumps were better than Bear Pits, but that doesn't mean they were good. Crystal also groomed West Face today and from the bottom of Paradise Bowl all the way to the chair.

Back tomorrow as well.

More
09 Mar 2020 17:29 - 09 Mar 2020 17:59 #233608 by Binx
Replied by Binx on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!
Sorry to say ddk, we left NO leftovers from Sunday!
It was a surprise day. Read Eskinmos report.
@ 4:00 Sunday Crystal was 14 degrees and 9" new on NWAC.
Snocrummy and White Flats had nothing to show, Crystal's web showed
nothing because the time change must have kept patrol sleeping. When we
arrived @ Crystal @ 6:50 The phones blew up with powder alerts. Ha!
That was the wordy part.
Short Report,
Very low moisture powder! Cold smoke, top to bottom.
Unfortunately it was skied out very quick in bounds before north got open.
Got first tracks down paradise and we were 3rd chair up north only to see Bruces had not been
touched because patrol was behind us to get open. Need I say more.

5 out 5 for conditions. 1 out of 5 for peeploids.
See you and CD tomorrow. :)

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Mar 2020 18:18 #233610 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!
Finally a post! Thanks! Was questions this morn about eskinmo's rad post yesterday!

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
09 Mar 2020 20:58 - 09 Mar 2020 21:02 #233612 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!
The good- Northway Peak,  Employee Housing,  Hamburger.  The Better- Snort Elk Right, GV Gondy Face, Powder Bowl.  eye five wasn't bad, it was firm, but not to icy and ok fast.  My legs are tired so not going tomorrow.

Other- the commute from Shoreline was decent, both going and coming due to the Corona bug.
Stoke-o-Meter  4/5
Fun Factor  4/5

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
10 Mar 2020 08:18 #233613 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 03/09 Yee Haa!
I have never seen Crystal so surgically skied into the ground ...there was zero inbounds powder left and barley any in the side country....still it was a pretty good day iceberg indeed very good. Southback was totally destroyed from Sunday...a couple ridges away things were better