Home > Trip Reports > March 11-12, 2006, Mt hood area

March 11-12, 2006, Mt hood area

3/11/06
OR Mt Hood
Posted by letsroll on 3/13/06 5:23am
I know this area is no big secret but I was told to keep it  as much of one as possible, I will say it is east of Meadows ;)  Saturday headed in and trail was already broken for me and my partner.  Thanks guys, again.  Also have never been back there before it was nice to have a track to follow.  The snow was light and deep.  Up to my knees and chest shots in the turns.  Never skied that kind of snow and I could get use to those conditions!!!!!!  After one lap my partner was getting pooped and she started have skin problems.  Thanks for the guys that helped her out taping them on.  We headed out.  One guy was all about hocky tape, anybody use this before?  Any way it was unreal.  Sunday headed to the same area but this time had to brake trail all the way in, man that was a lot of work.  New respect for the crew that broke trail the first day.  After deciding we wanted to ski the trees first to test the snow we geared up and dropped in for the sweetest turns in my life.  Wast deep with head to over head shots and I am 6'5"!!!!!!  We met up with the wives of the guys who broke trail the first day, how funny that was.  What are the odds?  We proceded to do three more laps.  The skin back to the top seemed to get shorter and shorter each lap but we were getting pooped and the sun was setting so we booked it out of there for possibly the best run of the day.  We hit some nice rollers for little air and through the trees for little jumps.  Nice soft landings, man it was sweet.  
   I started backcounrty last year for the sole perpose of sking off summits and easier winter approaches.  Climber first  skier second.  I had never done yo-yo's till this last weekend and man I wish I had given this a try sooner.  What a great workout and training for the bigger stuff and an alternative to skiing in the crappy weather up high.  

Sorry no pics, camer crapped out on me.  Check out Jeff Huber's  photos.
I will say it is east of Meadows ;)

Hmm.. Must be in Utah or Colorado then. That's east of Meadows.  :)

There is always one....lol.....jeff.

We met up with the wives of the guys who broke trail the first day, how funny that was.

hmm, they're not married last I checked.

mmmm yes they were.  Or that was the impression that I got when they said.."the wives are at home and so and so's wife was going to start dinner."  Then I ran into thier female partners the next day.

Hmm.. Must be in Utah or Colorado then. That's east of Meadows.  :)

Jeff, Your way off base. He said East of Meadows. Utah and Colorado are SW of Meadows. I think he was skiing cinder cones in Eastern Oregon.

At least someone is thinking when they are making smarta%$ comments.....lol.  

Yo oldman, what were you up to last weekend?

mmmm yes they were.  Or that was the impression that I got when they said.."the wives are at home and so and so's wife was going to start dinner."  Then I ran into thier female partners the next day.

What Iain is saying (in a rather cryptic manner):
"I broke trail with Hoodie, and we both aren't married."

-Mr.D

live and learn.  Guess I will pay better attention next time.

Letsroll,

You did in fact meet who you think you met plus our wives Sunday. I had to work Sunday and finish off recovering from a lingering flu. Saturday may have been the best powder day I've ever experienced on Høød.

Got any hockey tape yet?

lol no I have not picked up the hocky tape yet.  Trying to see if I can find some where I live first, west side.  What and where was that store again you were talking about?  

Both days were a kick.  I have skied on hood for many years, ok mostly lift, but never had snow like that.  So random to run into your wives.  

Try Indoor Goals-16340 NE Bethany Ct. Bvrtn...503.531.3907

or online

beverton, perfect thanks for the hook up.  Poles will be modified for this weekend.  

Reply to this TR

march-11-12-2006-mt-hood-area
letsroll
2006-03-13 13:23:25