March 4, 2020 Steven's Pass

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Mar 2020 12:56 #233591 by Zap
March 4, 2020 Steven's Pass was created by Zap
Powder. Yes more powder. With 8" of fresh powder and still snowing lightly during the morning it was fantastic powder. I skied on the front side. It was more enjoyable finding all the nooks and cranies with powder around the trees. It was quiet. During the 2 plus hours I was skiing there was never a person in a " line " It just ended up being a fantasy powder morning with the beginning of Spring.😁

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
04 Mar 2020 15:56 #233593 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: March 4, 2020 Steven's Pass
Yes! Light, excellent quality powder that lasted a while. I got there early and did a warmup lap on Sky in untracked mostly bottomless snow. On only the usual windy areas did you bottom out. Then four laps on Seventh which was stellar. Tye trees for more of the same. Tye bowl was sweet, then to Big Chief Bowl which was the only let down for the day. It was crusty and clumpy in the main bowl. According to reports the back side was work. I did not go there as I was having to much fun on the front side. The crowd arrived late so the pow lasted longer. The morning gave me the best two plus hours of skiing I've had in a long time. Snow showers, sun breaks and nice cool temps.

Stoke-o-Meter Off the Scale
Fun-Factor Ditto

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
04 Mar 2020 16:35 #233594 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: March 4, 2020 Steven's Pass
I started powder skiing on the backside by 9:30 and was very impressed. First run was Corona Bowl and it was tracked but still deep. Hit a few times because I only had 99 underfoot. Very light snow was also part of that, but who complain's? Snowed really hard for a run or two and then cleared. My wife doesn't always have powder legs, so we went back to the frontside and quit early. There was still light and fresh to be found at 11:30. Headshot is my Corona Virus Protection Outfit, to protect me from Westsiders😉

share.icloud.com/photos/0LxBhX352NN9Y1CdIZD3SSrTQ#Skykomish