Home > Forum > February 28-29, 2020 Stevens, Baker A Team from NH

February 28-29, 2020 Stevens, Baker A Team from NH

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Mar 2020 13:50 #233578 by Zap
Yes, the A Team from NH arrived by plane at 2am and were skiing by 9am with us on Friday. The A team is our son at 50 years old and 2 of his 3 sons at 21 and 15 years. All are skiers who started skiing at 3 years old. Stevens was a short day for Jill and me as we wanted to get down the hill before avy control started at noon. But the A Team jumped into the Mill Valley side and liked the warming of Stevens so well they spent the day skiing all over the area. They said it was a bit heavy but not a problem for them. They have season passes at Cannon Mt, NH, which is their home mountain. Steep and "woody"- a NH word. They have a farm on the other side of Cannon which someday they might be able to ski down to; backcountry is OK - "woody". They liked the 7th Heaven lift story and the terrain off the lift.

I convinced them to ski at Baker on Saturday. I gave them a trail map and suggested some places to ride. With 13" overnight it was a powder day. Jill and I decided the "guys" would be moving fast and didn't need us along. I said just "don't jump off a cliff where you can't see the landing". The lift opens at 9am and they skied until the last lift at closing time. It was a 3 hour drive back to our home and they said "fantastic deep powder". We had dinner and they told us about their day. They were exhausted and by 9pm they were all sound asleep. It was great to hear their stories and to see their enthusiasm. Tomorrow it's Crystal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2020 17:15 #233580 by ddk
Great post!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.