Blackcomb - 2/13 Stormy Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Feb 2020 19:37 - 13 Feb 2020 19:41 #233509 by ddk
Blackcomb - 2/13 Stormy Day was created by ddk
Lazy slow start - forecast 1 new, but it was snowing hard in the Village, and it was definitely more on the upper mountain! Vis - good enough most of the time. Snow quality greatly improved with the new. Crowd bigger, but not bad most places (limited do to my lazy brain) - Jersey /Crystal/Glacier(best no lines)/Catskinner.  Noticed lots of bodies in Upper Blackcomb buckets - and no skis or boards on the outside of the buckets? Kinda like early on with X-Tals buckets , looks like they need some new ski and board holders when the winds are howling and it was blowing at the top of the mountain.  Snowed all morning, sometimes dang hard, short clearing late morning into the early afternoon, but I don't think it lasted very long.    Best for the Hamster Treadmill was Glacier and Arthurs(!) on Crystal chair - finally did a few laps of the whole Arthurs bump fest, very nice with the new.  Tried Bark off of Catskinner - not good not recommended, too much sun and way to nasty icy bumps (what me say that?).   Running solo so the vert ramped up, even with a kinda short old man skier day.  Still think the ski out from Blackcomb to the base is better than from Whistler. 

Other - Had my traditional once a year Udon Bowl at Glacier lodge, good, happily way to spicy and nice and hot on a cold day.   As noted , a little busier today but still no big deal.  Should be good for the weekend crowd - Family (Canadian) and Presidents (US) - ouch!  Should be very good for folks like avajane who knows where to go to find the goods.

Other Other - I posted about Heavenly Daze off of Glacier, very good, but its new name is Brownlie Basin and Dave's Day Off? And for me the best part of that area was The Next Level!

Other Other Other - Interesting info is that Horstman T-Bar is pretty much toast and may never run again do to crumbling slope at the top. Dang  - it makes for a really long trip via Jersey/ 7Th to get to do Saudan and Pakalolo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.