Home > Forum > The big storm chase 1/31 to 2/10

The big storm chase 1/31 to 2/10

• filbo
  • [filbo]
More
10 Feb 2020 14:55 #233463 by filbo
The big storm chase 1/31 to 2/10 was created by filbo
Following the weather forecasts and predictions decided to head to Colorado and see what the incoming had in store. Skied two powder days at Monarch for free and three days at Loveland also for free with my powder alliance season pass from White Pass. The Denver masses had no affect at Monarch for some nice boot top pow days, but they were there in force at Loveland for the deep days. Just spent the last powder day at a small time place 25 miles from Winter Park which I will not name for a full day of almost knee deep from the last night of snowfall.
It was great not having to worry about rising snow levels and warm temps although there were a few big wind days that kept the high alpine closed, but the Colorado forests offered up great tree skiing.
3 full days on the road there and all the commuting from hotels and motels to the goods I feel like a trucker. Heading back on Hwy40 in the morning.
Decided to skip Utah and the Wasatch due to the maniac SLC drivers when it storms there. The I-70 corridor Denver drivers are a little less crazy but can still hold there own wanting to drive 65 on snow and ice covered roads. They just don't tailgate and change lanes as stupidly as the SLC idiots.
Hmm, looks like some snow coming to the PNW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2020 16:36 #233466 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: The big storm chase 1/31 to 2/10
Good call with your Powder Alliance tickets. We have used for years when we bought from Timberline.

We agree with your SLC drivers comments. We use the bus service when we ski Big and Littlle Cottonwood Canyons.😉

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.