Home > Forum > March 10,2006,Cypress Bowl

March 10,2006,Cypress Bowl

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
12 Mar 2006 08:21 #212421 by Telemon
March 10,2006,Cypress Bowl was created by Telemon
I am aware that most readers of this website do not live near Vancouver, B.C. and are likely to bypass Vancouver's north shore on their way to Whistler if they cross the border. While I do appreciate the vast opportunities of W/B, the local mountains are not without their charms. Last Friday, Tom from La Conner and myself had an absolute fantastic day in Cypress Bowl. The ski hill is now known as Cypress Mountain, but the bowl lying between Mt.Strachan, Hollyburn Mountain and Black Mountain has much more to offer than what is within the ski hill's boundaries.<br><br> This time we didn't need to leave the inbounds area to enjoy a backcountry sensation. The fresh,deep powder (and I mean real powder), coupled with the sparse crowd made for a great experience as we played in the trees and on the steeps. Slash,Moons and Bowen were among the black diamond runs that provided exciting and delighting times.The off-piste areas did not trouble us with ice and crud.It was a good thing that the snow was so light and easy to turn in, because there wasn't any lineups to rest in.So we skied from 9:30am to 7:30 pm with only a few breaks, allowing us to see the shimmering lights of the city below before we left. Not a bad day for two old telemarkers.<br><br> The photo shows Tom dropping down through the trees of Moons run.<br><br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
13 Mar 2006 12:58 #212422 by Telemon
Replied by Telemon on topic Re: March 10,2006,Cypress Bowl
I forgot to add a link to my pictures:<br>gallery.telemen.ca/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.