February 4, 2020 Mt. Bachelor

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Feb 2020 10:53 #233449 by Zap
February 4, 2020 Mt. Bachelor was created by Zap
I have not been to Bachelor in a few years, but today they had 3" of fresh powder and a sunny day. I bought a ticket online for $62 for a senior day-before the ski day. I parked at West Village Lodge and rode the Pine Marten lift then took a long trail to the Cloudchaser express lift. There were numerous groomed trails with few riders on the tree trails. The Summit lift was giving access to the Cirque Bow and The Moraine. Now back to the tree lines off the Skyliner lift, the Cliffhanger wide open trail, then the Peace Park, the Point and Cannon Beach Park. The Parks were perfectly groomed. Then the Corkscrew, DSQ and Old Skyliner trails and back to the Pine Martin lodge. Next stop at the Outback and Northwest lifts for loooong trails. The most enjoyable trail was the "Ed's Garden" which has a racing line along the trail which was not in use in the morning. Wide and fast. Mt. Bachelor is big with a wide variety of terrain and NO crowds.

I noticed a couple of structures near the Skyliner and Pine Martine lifts . A local said it was for a new Zipline this summer. On their website: "This dual line, three-stage tour drops 1400 vertical along the volcano's slopes to make it the Northwest's steepest, fastest and highest elevation zip adventure." Summer 2020.
I also noticed the RV parking area has a few posts with electric connections. The RV area has a nightly $20 plus 4% booking fee. If you want an electrical connection to your RV it is $50 a night or $60 a night for peak days plus a 4% booking fee. How the fees have changed upward. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.