Crystal Area Jan 18

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jan 2020 18:38 #233347 by Scotsman
Crystal Area Jan 18 was created by Scotsman
Anticipating a busy day at the resort , my friend and I were in the skin track by 7 am breaking a trail up into Bullion Basin area. Lots of wind loading and storm slabs were found and after setting off a few pockets we beat a hasty retreat.
Always interesting and informative to see and work around these type of conditions.

Went over to another area towards Crown Point and found deep conditions with less wind affect. So deep that you needed a steep slope . We stayed in the trees and did some exploratory touring figuring out some lines for the future.

Returned to the resort at noon and discovered no line on the Gondi ( lunch time for everyone I guess) so we took that opportunity to head up to the top and have a look at some side country.
Found a nice side country stash that had been untouched for over a week so we center punched it. Dreamy .
Broke trail back into the resort which was exhausting in such deep snow.
Legs shot from breaking trail for  6 hrs , we went home and fell asleep on the couch .

Awesome day. Thanks to my buddy who broke 70% to my 30%.

Crystal is hard to beat when conditions are so awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
19 Jan 2020 06:56 #233348 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal Area Jan 18
Great day at Crystal....very busy morning but still you could ski POW all day ....after a couple of South's...I used your skin track twice....thank-you..

Really great turns in afternoon sun back there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.