January 18, 2020 Summit East

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Jan 2020 18:37 #233299 by Zap
January 18, 2020 Summit East was created by Zap
I left early to get a parking place in the Upper Lots close to the lift. Early was "late" because of the super early arrivers. I was the last vehicle in the Upper Lot. I got in the singles line before the lift started and as usual it was a big line. A few folks fell when getting onto their lift seats, a short person dropped a ski, and dad fell off the chair shortly after getting onto it. I had only been in line for 10 minutes, so it was an interesting beginning.

The East Peak trail under the lift had its first boarders and a few skiers. Coverage was good, but a few folks buried their ski tips and had to dig out. Fat skis were the best early on. I skied the Hidden Valley-East Backside. Revelation on the edge near Squirrel's Forest was DEEP, but it was heavy with numerous gutters. Dino's Revenge, Roz's, plus the west runs off Rampart lift had 6" overnight, but it was heavy in areas. The first hour lift lines were small but grew quickly.

When I left the parking lot after 2 hours more folks were coming and looking for a place to park. I drove from East to Central and West and cars were waiting on the road for a vehicle to leave the lot and then driving and searching for a parking spot. People parked next to the Firehouse and were walking west for Summit West, a looooooong walk. It was posted on their website that all parking lots were FULL. It was a typical holiday weekend with all lifts were functioning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.