Home > Forum > Crystal - 01/16 Another Sad Powder Day

Crystal - 01/16 Another Sad Powder Day

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
16 Jan 2020 15:25 - 16 Jan 2020 15:57 #233327 by ddk
Another Powder Day in the non-stop powder frenzy January! Arrived early to the new solo normal A minus
parking spot (per BINX) - dang! Early frenzy powder crowd had the first row of CHex booked - got
second row, fair early crowd, all the regular weekday hardcores plus a lot of the "dont you
work anymore" crowd.  But really not that busy on the lifts I rode today - CHex, REX, FQex and
HC (finally first time up Chair 6 for me this season? What? Ouch! and it was nice,  other than the
vis in PB).  Started the morning doing REX laps - Sunnyside nice and deep and untracked, the first
time, and then Doors, Memorial, Bearpits (deep), a few GV runs (very nice, even the CMS crash
area). Did a late morning run down PB which was nice with vis (not so nice the second time after
a pleasant social in CB lodge). Finished my lazy quad burning day on REX and GVex with a very
long (many stops?) run down EH on skier right next the trees to get some vis and my
fav run out on I5 - probaby very nice, but I still dont enjoy it. After a fairly nice vis
morning with snow showers and light winds, mid day socked in with some freezing fog for the
googles (bonus!) and marginal vis in the open bowls.

Other - CB lodge had "heat" and the Triple C for soup, pizza was good and not burned! Saw lots
of social folks taking a late morning break. 

Other Other - Parking! Pay lot massive, with not many buses and probably not a lot of pay
folks parking in it, also not full, dont even want to talk about the not full car pool lot.
Drive up was a blizzard drive at reasonable speed, drive down was in a pack of slow driving
sunday drivers. 

But it was another great day and my quads and brain are finally getting in shape!  Yee Haa!

PS - Late part of post that I just remembered.. Rest of parking lots ? C pretty full and reasonably
parked, B lot looked pretty full but the parking looked totally messed up - big gaps funny rows...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2020 20:57 #233331 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal - 01/16 Another Sad Powder Day
Some good snow but got cut up fast even down left angle at 1030. Heard blasting in south but never got out there as the freezing sleet/ fog made for hazardous skiing. Socked in between 5k- 6K but sunny below the parking lots. At least the rocks are covered now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.