Home > Forum > 1/14 - Crystal

1/14 - Crystal

• CD
  • [CD]
More
14 Jan 2020 15:37 #233305 by CD
1/14 - Crystal was created by CD
Another 5 out of 5 day. The weather wasn't quite as nice as yesterday and colder, but visibility remained good all day. And the snow? More face shots today than I can remember at Crystal.

Drove through the 'Claw on snowy roads at 7am and got in a long string of cars driving 35 - 40 mph all the way to the mountain. Ouch. Arrived to find a lot of free parking in A-lot only to be denied because we weren't a 4 person carpool. Got the last spot along the road right by the B-lot turn-off. Once in the lodge, a whole lot less crowded than yesterday. In fact, no lines today anywhere. There might have been one at C6 at opening, but I didn't make it to that side of the mountain until noon, then it was hamster runs with everything on the Campbell side awesome. But then, so was Bear Pits, Terminator, E.H., doors, and so on. The unexpected 9 new cold inches overnight on top of yesterdays left overs was bottomless when you found those stashes missed yesterday. Even the stuff that was cut-up yesterday skied fresh again today.

We just don't get many days like this in the PNW.

The question of the day was, where was ddk?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2020 20:17 #233308 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: 1/14 - Crystal
5+++/5 for me. Snow quality superb. A basin was bottomless. A little heat in CB lodge would be nice.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
15 Jan 2020 10:22 #233312 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: 1/14 - Crystal
Late soup update. Based on my wife's experience, I would highly recommend you stay away from the chickpea soup at the Campbell basin lodge.