Home > Forum > New TAY site

New TAY site

• JohnBox
  • [JohnBox]
More
13 Jan 2020 20:19 - 14 Jan 2020 07:05 #233297 by JohnBox
New TAY site was created by JohnBox
Hey all/Chris.  It looks like the folks on the Facebook Turns All Year page have been putting some significant effort into updating the TAY user interface.  From the "web designer" has to say it sounds like he's spoken with Chris about potentially migrating data over from the current website. I see a lot of different people using the Facebook interface and I think that everyone there acknowledges the benefits of a non Facebook site, so it seems the desire for an internet home for bc skiing continues.  From what I can see the updated version of the site would offer a lot of upgrades in regards to new user sign ups, easier photo uploads and would appear to have buy in from the FB crowd

Chris have you spoken with Pavel about continuing to do this?  I would hate to see TAY die out due to the challenges of approving new users and some of the other quirks of the current site.  What are other people's thoughts?

Here is a link to the Facebook version of TAY and the two posts from Pavel Dolezel can be seen near the top.  I'd provide a direct link, but in an illustration of the challenges of the Facebook group I can't figure out how to directly link them.

Edit: Ooops, forgot the link. www.facebook.com/groups/turnsallyear/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikerolfs
  • [mikerolfs]
More
14 Jan 2020 08:47 #233301 by mikerolfs
Replied by mikerolfs on topic Re: New TAY site

...can't figure out how to directly link them.

Here you go:

turnsallyear.org

• RyanLikes2Ski
  • [RyanLikes2Ski]
More
14 Jan 2020 14:26 - 14 Jan 2020 15:30 #233304 by RyanLikes2Ski
Replied by RyanLikes2Ski on topic Re: New TAY site
Hope posting here can garner some attention from the admin/owner of the current site- seems like the creator of the new site has done everything he can to get in contact with him/her. Lets help foster our community and move to an updated website!