Home > Forum > 1/13 - Crystal

1/13 - Crystal

• CD
  • [CD]
More
13 Jan 2020 15:26 #233288 by CD
1/13 - Crystal was created by CD
What a mass of humanity at the base this morning. Looked like a Saturday just a few years ago. How things have changed. Now, on to the report.

Powder! First run down Memorial Forest. Second run top-to-bottom Exterminator. And then a blur until our last runs out Northway. A 5 out of 5 day for both weather and snow. Glorious. Even resurrected a run I haven't been down in years. Employee Housing was closed mid-morning even though the online status showed it open. So, off to Right Angle. What a hoot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 15:32 #233289 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: 1/13 - Crystal
HHhhhmmmmmm...thought I'd beat the ultra new hamster poster? Not...Oh well even more words about today....

Aaaahhhh Big DAY! Not a Sunday, but a very sunny start to a frenzy! Early hyped crowd
managed to cut up the core area in less than a half hour - but that first untracked blower
smoke snow down SunnySide was all diamonds snow in the sun - totally heli worthy. Its
pretty much ski anywhere now, snowpack is big and very deep and cold. Was cold today but
not to bad - better than expected temp wise. After the early rush and as the crowd spreed
out, it was pretty much no lift lines (other than HC when I looked a couple of times). Snow
quality is great and the non rock Coombas where very happy, as I was, except for my still
wimpy quads (they hurt right now). Lots of happy cut up left overs everywhere and probably
even more happy uncut places still out there. Some areas I skied are already going to
great packed pow bumps! Yee Haa!

Other - Checked into CB lodge for the soup of the day? Nada! White Chile chicken? Huh? Plus
apparently the Chick Pea something regular. Pizza was mostly burned crust (main guy is just
to busy to not burn the pizza - dish washer did a better job on the one he cooked!).

Other Other - Drive up was pretty easy mostly. Drive down was a little slower than needed
at 1:30. Managed to sneak into the A car pool lot when nobody was around. Couple others
I talked to got turned around and sent to the nasty lots. When I left the A lot was still
working on getting full (and it was massive again today, rest of A was full as was most
of C and lots of B (nobody work anymore?) Cars in D and E around the cattle car stops.

Great day and I'm sure lots of more big words will be following soon. Lookin forward to
tomorrow! Hopefully a casual Tuesday with no new snow - ha ha!

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Jan 2020 20:17 - 13 Jan 2020 20:32 #233296 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: 1/13 - Crystal
Awesome day. Some of the finest snow conditions I've skied at Crystal.
Powder technicians were mixing it up with the Boomer retirees to give bigger lines than usual.
Saw lots of very skilled young telemarketers today. Tele is making a comeback.

My final run of the day was untracked zen powder skiing at its finest .
Crystal has had a few challenges the last few weeks but it offered exceptional skiing today .

Nice to see you in the lodge today ddk.

• CascadeSkier
  • [CascadeSkier]
More
13 Jan 2020 21:11 #233298 by CascadeSkier
Replied by CascadeSkier on topic Re: 1/13 - Crystal
Best day of season with true top-to-bottom powder skiing. And, plenty of parking.