Home > Forum > March 10, 2006, Alpental (AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!)

March 10, 2006, Alpental (AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!)

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Mar 2006 08:52 - 10 Mar 2006 08:53 #212406 by oftpiste
Arrived before 10 and as I was strapping the beacon and pack on at the car was informed by departing skiers that chair 2 was closed for the day. WHAT? TODAY??????<br><br>According to chairlift gossip there was a derailment near the top around 9:10am and many had to be taken off their chairs by rope. Sounds like fun, eh?<br><br>Did a short boot pack skiers right from the top of 1 and got in about 6 nice, very fluffy, 8-10 inch deep fresh turns, but there were lots of other disappointed alpentalic powder searchers ripping every shred of untracked all over the lower mountain. Nice weather with the sun peeking through from time to time and the cool temps kept the packed powder in great shape on the grromers.<br><br>A number of people bootpacking up lower nash. Today of all days it would have been amazing up high and out back. The snow was VERY nice.<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Mar 2006 10:22 #212408 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: March 10, 2006, Alpental (AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!)
Stuff happens... I was at Park City in Feb and the main lift the the upper mountain (Bonanza) broke and they had to rope lower everybody. Lift was down for a week.<br><br>They should have kept a spare gear around.<br><br>I just wonder what they do when a chair is sitting over a cliff. At Park City... there were groomer skiers, some pretty old, who had to lower into deep powder.<br>

More
10 Mar 2006 14:26 #212416 by skifish
Should have driven to Crystal, where Niagras and Guntower were sicklicious all day.<br> ;)

• oftpiste
  • [oftpiste]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 Mar 2006 02:19 #212417 by oftpiste
I wanted to but unfortunately couldn't commit the whole day. Tuesday.<br> ;)

More
12 Mar 2006 07:33 #212420 by Bandit

Should have driven to Crystal, where Niagras and Guntower were sicklicious all day.<br> ;)

<br><br>Even the inbounds was off the hook. Right Angle, Willies Run, Banana Chute, Upper Ext. All had the goods. Efin shweet. <br>