Home > Forum > Short, semi-honest daily blurb Stevens conditions?

Short, semi-honest daily blurb Stevens conditions?

• dkoelle
  • [dkoelle]
More
31 Dec 2019 13:50 #233205 by dkoelle
It is nice that Snoq and Baker offer an easy to find, at least superficially honest-seeming summary of current snow and weather conditions each day on their web sites.

With the new management and web site at Stevens, I can't find such a thing. It seems the Vail resorts all use the same web site template for uniformity, but I miss the human touch. Yes there is telemetry and other information sources but I would love a few "trustworthy" sentences in the early morning to help decide.

Any source either on their web site or elsewhere?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• laurichj
  • [laurichj]
More
31 Dec 2019 17:05 #233206 by laurichj
I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist.

By far the best approach in my experience is looking at a lot of sources and combining it with knowledge.

spotwx.com gives direct access to the models, which (after a bit of practice) are quite useful.

You'll learn something about snow storms too.

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
01 Jan 2020 02:23 #233208 by pipedream
The Stevens Pass Patrol Blog is my go-to for weather atop Hwy 2. Won't tell you much about conditions or operations, but should give you a pretty accurate forecast for the next few days

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
02 Jan 2020 19:00 #233211 by avajane
Here it is! Semi honest blurb 1/2/20. End of day commute skiing...Wasn't sure where I was until I hit this nasty ice on the backside of a mid slope bump! Stevens Pass! Had to be! Since I had just seen a 14 year old boarder flying into the dark trees, that confirmed it! Night Skiing at Stevens Pass!

I had driven by westbound at 1:30 and it wasn't snowing, so I dismissed all thoughts of stopping. But on my way back to Wenatchee, it had been raining cats and dogs so I started thinking...Three runs is all you get, but I report that the main runs of Tye Mill, Sky Chair, and Brooks are all soft and in Great condition - except for the occasional slick spot. Still my favorite night skiing area in the world!....Even though it is still lacking lights in many spots. My son, Casey got frostbite here, my daughter Ava Jane learned on Daisy, and I've cursed the heavy snow, and praised the light powder, and the steep tree runs! One of the best Day Skiing areas anywhere!
Come on up - it will be great tomorrow!

More
02 Jan 2020 20:23 #233212 by Zap

Here it is! Semi honest blurb 1/2/20. End of day commute skiing...Wasn't sure where I was until I hit this nasty ice on the backside of a mid slope bump! Stevens Pass! Had to be! Since I had just seen a 14 year old boarder flying into the dark trees, that confirmed it! Night Skiing at Stevens Pass!

I had driven by westbound at 1:30 and it wasn't snowing,  so I dismissed all thoughts of stopping. But on my way back to Wenatchee, it had been raining cats and dogs so I started thinking...Three runs is all you get, but I report that the main runs of Tye Mill, Sky Chair, and Brooks are all soft and in Great condition - except for the occasional slick spot. Still my favorite night skiing area in the world!....Even though it is still lacking lights in many spots. My son, Casey got frostbite here, my daughter Ava Jane learned on Daisy, and I've cursed the heavy snow, and praised the light powder, and the steep tree runs! One of the best Day Skiing areas anywhere!
Come on up - it will be great tomorrow!

The story of your nickname on TAY. ;)

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
02 Jan 2020 20:56 #233213 by avajane
Yes, the truth finally comes out...