Crystal - 12/30 Not Sun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Dec 2019 14:55 #233203 by ddk
Crystal - 12/30 Not Sun was created by ddk
Lots of early morning nice weather promise...not! Got foggier and foggier and fine snow at the top and when I quit at
noon it was pretty damp at the base. Arrived extra early to get my new crappy solo spot - ouch marketing lady said
it was good for me to warm up my legs, ah ah. Not to crowded early, but pretty limited options base on lots of heat
impact the last couple of days. My day? Green Valley Bowl skier center to right side depending on the vis, mid and
lower Valley had its good parts. One run out SnortElk direction was definitely not worth it. LS back side route was
actually good (and mostly rock free), steeper sections pretty much mine fields - okay early, started to ski the icy
bumps to save my edges...The edges - nothing like skis with edges and the EXP's made me happy. Never skied MIFB
which sounded like a nightmare. Did one run on FQex with Ms Charlene (aka Ms Ferk) down Chapelles? nice. Short
day do to sadly bump beat up quads and mostly bad vis. The mountain needs snow (at least up high for me). Had FUN!

Other - Soup at CB lodge was the Tomato Bisque thing, jalapeno pizza I had was good. Base lodge was a disaster
when I passed through, soup rumor was for some Chicken Noodle - but I was leaving and the lineups where impressive
for food. How do folks live like that in those day lodges - ouch!

Other Other - Pay lot almost got full, five or so buses, 4x car lot looked full, B looked impressively close to full
C lot pretty full as was D and E - so there were a few folks on the mountain - only lines I noticed
was on FQex during prime rush hour. Drive up and drive down where happy (lots of elk still bedded down this
morning just passed the Ranch area. Happy New Year to All!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.