Home > Forum > 12/19/2019 Whistler/Blackcomb Powder Day

12/19/2019 Whistler/Blackcomb Powder Day

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
19 Dec 2019 15:27 - 19 Dec 2019 16:21 #233172 by avajane
Tough powder day! On Gondo at 8:20 and powder farmed for 3 straight hours! Best results were Raven on Garbonzo for 3 -4 runs, then Dave Murray. Raven was almost knee deep and even the bushes at the bottom produced! Did lower half of run on Olympic which was finally groomed wall to wall and officially open. After coffee and work went to Blackcomb to try to bushwhack to find powder on closed Crystal runs...Got lucky and it opened for the season right when I got there! I was in Heaven...then I wasn't...Different aspect and elevation made the powder Very heavy. Would have been better on a board or full fats, but it was still setting up fast! Classic Cascade Crude! But being a veteran of the hill "I" knew what to do!
Hopped into "The Burn" and got fried. About 6" too little snow to keep from hitting
Everything! Looked great but wasn't...Cut the losses, dropped the skis, and climbed some classic heather and rock to get out while I still could. I kept at it, but eventually skied out on Cruiser and something and found my way to Excalibur Mid...and finally Seppo's for this well earned report! I'm still betting on 2 Alpine lifts opening tomorrow!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.