Home > Forum > 12/16 - Crystal

12/16 - Crystal

• CD
  • [CD]
More
16 Dec 2019 15:37 #233148 by CD
12/16 - Crystal was created by CD
A 2.5 out of 5 day. Very light crowd and the weather gets a 2 out of 2 for mostly blue skies, nice temps, and no winds Now to the snow.

Our first run down Lucky Shot was an ungroomed frozen chattery mess. Headed for Green Valley and the right side of the bowl was nice carvable chalk...once you got through all the rocks on the ridge...plus all the rocks on the low side of the moguls all the way down. Ann's Run at the bottom pretty nice. Iceberg skied well, but was rocky hell. After getting tired of GV, headed to FQ. Downhill to Rolling Knoll was good and you could miss the rocks for the most part. Skis were screaming to stop the damage, so quit around 12:30. I'd rate the snow somewhere between a 1 and 2 out of 3, but because of all the rocks I give it a .5. Second day skiing and yet another core shot, this one right on the edge. However, KKZ gets the prize for the best core shot.

I rarely think about my rocks skis, but today was a whole new level of carnage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
16 Dec 2019 16:23 #233149 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: 12/16 - Crystal
Today Rocked! Literally. What CD said, but I don't know how to rate it. Great mogul skiing, sometimes with a rock hit every turn, and I felt strong. Some very firm bumps and nothing groomed above Chinook. They can't due to low coverage - Hopefully, that's fixed later in the week. Almost threw this pair of rock skis away last spring, glad they served one more painful day.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.