Crystal - 12/09 Sun

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Dec 2019 14:31 #233111 by ddk
Crystal - 12/09 Sun was created by ddk
Finally weather and my schedule allowed a day on the slopes - sunny, somewhat cold (mainly do to not much actual skiing effort and also very slow lifts - CHex like a slow quad today?), no crowds, no lift lines (duh?) except for a few hard cores, snowmaking snow quality pretty marginal, upper Queens off SlowSilver was nice, but SlowSilver ride in the shady cold gully was to mentally painful to repeat (already rode it twice this season - ouch!) #1 got her first day and was mostly happy - other than lack of eatable food at the base lodge for her. Happy to be working the quads a little - prepping for real skiing! This season seems even worse than last year start - I used to complain about skiing GV early season? Oh for those old days!

Other - Drive up and down was at speed and happy. Pay lot was way over sized, but the rest of A lot was not full anyway, so....

Other other - No soup at the base (just chili), pizza didnt look as good as opening day, food limited in the cheap folks area. No bucket ride today.

Another to short of a day, but at least it was pretty and on the snow. The BMW's were happy to get another day on snow (even with no real edges!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Dec 2019 21:56 #233117 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 12/09 Sun
12/09 was Monday not Sunday and you were skiing on Monday not Sunday!
You are confusing everybody and you need to be accurate as we all live for the ddk ski report and rely upon it's veracity.

Please up your reporting game to its usual high standard.

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
11 Dec 2019 16:53 #233122 by eskinmo
Replied by eskinmo on topic Re: Crystal - 12/09 Sun
One wonders what type of a shedual DDK really has to adhere to....if he doesn't evan know what day it is.
.and Scotsman is right ....if these standards slip any further...We can be sure that many will no longer be sure of ....anything

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Dec 2019 20:51 #233123 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 12/09 Sun
Aaaaahhhhaaaaa! Yes I do pay attention to the date and when I ski with #1.... The Sun refers to the big bright orb in the heavens! Not SunDAY!....which based on cam pics had no sun...but we should ask Binx?....and #1 will not ski with the weekend crowd....Sorry guys the post was correct.