Home > Forum > March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows

March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
09 Mar 2006 08:25 #212392 by Jeff Huber
March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows was created by Jeff Huber
OH MY GOOD LORD! HAVE WE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN? IS THIS SOME SORT OF ELABORATE DREAM? DID WE SUDDENLY GET TRANSPORTED TO UTAH OR CALIFORNIA?!! THE SKIING was EXCELLENT this morning! Extremely light. Heather opened at 10:50. I got some of the first tracks down Absolute Magnitude--it was absurd, it was one of the more profound experiences of my life (I can say that since I'm not married and don't have kids). Excellent skiing in the trees in Jacks too and Yoda & Elk bowls. Crowds were moderate. About 30 minutes after they opened Heather the lift stopped for like 15 minutes and the line for the Heather backed-up further then I ever imagined possible. That was the only really bad line (I actually didn't stand in that line, after I saw how long it was I schussed down the runout). Right now I'm looking at Hood Express and there is no line. I'm posting from the wifi in the finish line (a restaurant in the lodge)--I had to actually do some work today. If I didn't have to work I'd drive to Ski Bowl right now for their 1pm opening - it's got to be rocking there now!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stoudema
  • [stoudema]
More
09 Mar 2006 10:22 #212393 by stoudema
Replied by stoudema on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows
Sounds like a blast Jeff. I'm going to be in Gresham this weekend visiting family, and was planning on going to Meadows. My usual lift accessed stomping grounds are Bachelor or W Pass. I do ride Hood several times a season, but have never been to Ski Bowl (low elevation and snowfall, etc) because I usually go in the spring. Would you recommend Ski Bowl this weekend based on the conditions? I've heard there are good steeps there. I realize all the areas will be packed this weekend, but I'm still looking to get out. Thanks,<br><br>Matt

More
10 Mar 2006 00:27 #212398 by Snodger
Replied by Snodger on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows
Hey there Stoudma, <br><br>Just so you know, "packed" at skibowl has a different definition than other spots. This weekend with all the snow hype will be different, but last Sunday it was like having your own presonnal resort, maybe 4-5 people per run (at a time)in the upper bowls. If you can put up with a old school vibe and slow lifts its a wonderful place to ski. Highly recommended! <br><br>And don't worry about steeps...<br><br>I'm quite bummed I didn't get up yesterday, but I'm leaving in about ten minutes to get some freshies!

• stoudema
  • [stoudema]
More
10 Mar 2006 02:58 #212401 by stoudema
Replied by stoudema on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows
Thanks Snodger,<br><br>I'll give it a try.

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
10 Mar 2006 06:52 #212404 by Jeff Huber
Replied by Jeff Huber on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows
Hi Matt - Ditto what Snodger said. I'd recommend you go to Ski Bowl. Because these latest storms have had such low snowlevels the snow is going to be good there. It's also closer to Gresham so you'd be able to spend more time with family. I go to Meadows a lot mainly because that's where I have a pass. <br> <br>Jeff

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
10 Mar 2006 07:11 #212405 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: March 9, 2006, Mt Hood Meadows
(When the snow's good) SkiBowl rocks!<br><br>Had a season pass there one year in HS...