Home > Forum > Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!

Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Nov 2019 15:00 #233079 by ddk
Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day! was created by ddk
Arrived early, but later than normal opening day, got the pole position on CHex (two  other folks  picked up  my fav side)...didn't matter opening day gotta be good  and ride the  lift with the other 5 front row folks - fun! Last time!  Cold in the shade, fairly light early crowd - allowed repeated laps on CHex. Fired up crowd,  happy crowd and this year was very similar to  last years opening, but  maybe a little  more room  to dodge folks from CHex to  FQex.  Snow making  stuff was pretty firm and got pretty lumpy chunky in  places (mainly lower Tinker), best snow was skier left side through the  twigs - had been groomed, but the snow  was all  natural  and very happy.  Did  a few cold high speed laps on CHex and decided I  needed to  ride  Quick (slow and cold) Silver, snow good but not  mentally worth many repeats  by me.   No  real  lift lines, but do to limited options  got kinda  dicey with the late arrivals ripping  downhill  style.  After a very lazy  wimpy summer the  quads said they were happy with the opening day and TV and the Apple Cup  made me quit.   

Other - Pay lot was way to massive and way to  empty when I left, B lot half full and  C lot almost 3/4 full ?  Lots of tourist for the bucket ride....I  did  do the bucket to  see the sights before it got really crowded - views  big, crowd at the base waiting to go  up  getting bad.

Other Other - Drive up at 5am was a breeze,  drive down  at 12pm  was almost painful with all  the dead trees on top  of mini vans. 

Good start, no worse than last year - praise the force!   Hope for  more snow,  upper mountain looks very nasty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nordique
  • [nordique]
More
29 Nov 2019 19:02 #233080 by nordique
Replied by nordique on topic Re: Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!
Ski season is here, thanks to DDK reports! Thanks so much, DDK!

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Nov 2019 22:41 #233081 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!
Game on for now. they were doing heavy grooming earlier this week and it sounds like it helped.
Was anyone climbing the runs above on FQ?

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Nov 2019 07:52 #233082 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!

Game on for now. they were doing heavy grooming earlier this week and it sounds like it helped.
Was anyone climbing the runs above on FQ? 

Lots.

More
02 Dec 2019 08:46 #233085 by BB
Replied by BB on topic Re: Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!
Is there a first chair photo, TV coverage? Gotta see ddk!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Dec 2019 12:21 #233094 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 11/29/19 Opening Day!

Is there a first chair photo, TV coverage? Gotta see ddk!

Pic is out there...Had the pole position...and got a X-tal gift card for being on first chair! Yee Haaa!