Home > Trip Reports > September 29, 2019, squilchuck and mission ridge

September 29, 2019, squilchuck and mission ridge

9/29/19
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by anthonylubetski on 9/29/19 6:44am
It was absolutely nuking. First we went and skied some trees at squilchuck. That was very wet but also enjoyable. I'm not one to be picky about my snow in September. Probably about eight inches total. After squilchuck, we went up to mission ridge. Woah. Lots of snow falling. I measured close to 18 inches by chair two!!! Enjoy it everybody!

Fun to meet you in the parking lot, Anthony! What a treat to ski powder at the home hill in September! It was such a spectacular day, I ended up staying til 4:30.

I measured 21 inches at the top of chair 3. Tomorrow will be even better!

I'm going to leave the dogs at home and maybe shoot for a 10k day tomorrow. Was debating heading toward stemilt basin. Think that'd be worth the effort?

This is what happens when Silas travels to Europe to go "biking". ;)

Great TR and photos. Your buddy passed out in the back. :D

Looks like a bit more snow overnight. Wish I was at Mission this morning. Have fun Mike!

author=anthonylubetski link=topic=42150.msg165689#msg165689 date=1569816318]
I'm going to leave the dogs at home and maybe shoot for a 10k day tomorrow. Was debating heading toward stemilt basin. Think that'd be worth the effort?

10k in this baseless snowpack would be Herculean! I'd stay on the runs. Some big rock off piste could shark you.

Way to get after it! Jealous of you guys out east.

Snow dance

Reply to this TR

september-29-2019-squilchuck-and-mission-ridge
anthonylubetski
2019-09-29 13:44:45