Home > Forum > Voile skis

Voile skis

• snoholic
  • [snoholic]
More
20 Sep 2019 14:49 #233041 by snoholic
Voile skis was created by snoholic
Anybody ski on the Voile Hypercharger for a powder touring ski? I'm interested in them but cannot find much info. Chargers/Playfulllish? Chatterey? Will they hold an edge in dicy conditions when the shit hits the fan? Can you throw em sideways? Basically are you smiling or frowning with them on your feet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kamtron
  • [kamtron]
More
20 Sep 2019 15:13 #233042 by kamtron
Replied by kamtron on topic Re: Voile skis
Hi Zach, I've been on Chargers for years as my pow touring ski, now with the Superchargers.
(I'm actually looking to sell this kit with Radical 12s in case you're interested.)

I think both skis are great in pow. Very playful yet also charge-able. I had a sketchy descent on the old, dull Chargers off Silver Star in icy conditions once which convinced me not to keep using them for anything ski mountaineering. But I sold those and got the Superchargers, and I've been very happy with them in firm conditions as well. They have more camber than the older model and less tail rocker. They are a great do-anything ski, just a little big and heavy for volcanoes. I guess you kind of know my style, I like to ski fast sometimes but mostly in control with more of a traditional style flexing the boot and driving the ski. I also found they hold up to abuse well. No sidewall, but they are robust.

My impression is the Hypercharger is the Supercharger with a lighter construction.

Big fan.

• snoholic
  • [snoholic]
More
20 Sep 2019 17:32 #233043 by snoholic
Replied by snoholic on topic Re: Voile skis
Thanks Kam, that some great info.