Home > Trip Reports > July 4, 2019, Mt. Regan, Alpine Pk Sawtooths ID

July 4, 2019, Mt. Regan, Alpine Pk Sawtooths ID

7/4/19
Posted by clubber on 7/8/19 12:27am
Mt. Regan is "the most photographed Mountain in Idaho" as some people say. It sits at the end of a 5 mile family friendly hike in the Sawtooths and for good reason, it's beautiful. Central Idaho had a big year and reports of lingering snow in the high country told me it'd be a worthy endeavor.
The trail is pretty cruiser and I made good time answering the many questions "you going skiing?" "Hopefully!" Once I got to the lake and saw the snowfields with ski tracks, my pace quickened. Following the previous folks bootpack had me clicking into my skiing shouting "America!" Before dropping. The snow was soft, pretty clean and relatively smooth near the top but gave way to suncups down lower. Wahoo! 1100'!
A healthy chance of showers in the afternoon had me moving quickly up Alpine pk. When hiking the trail, you get a great view of the line and I could see nearly continuous snow to the lake. Dropping in and finding decent snow again led me to the short down climb to the exit couloir. A super fun little chute and 1600' of skiing to the lake! I took my time and began the trek out. Met my girlfriend on the trail and we found the hidden hot springs empty. Some live music and fireworks in Stanley capped an incredible day.
Wow that sounds like a fantastic day.

That's great....thanks for the report

Reply to this TR

july-4-2019-mt-regan-alpine-pk-sawtooths-id
clubber
2019-07-08 07:27:19