Home > Trip Reports > May 23, 2019, Vesper Pk.

May 23, 2019, Vesper Pk.

5/23/19
WA Cascades West Slopes Central
Posted by JimD on 5/28/19 5:09am
Sorry for the late posting, had to edit the video tighter.

Look for me just left of the summit

At first I thought those photos were from Sperry!  But then I saw the video.

I know this is not a designated Wilderness Area and USFS has yet to develop their UA guidelines - but I would hope that you would take consideration of other users when buzzing around. 

It is hard to find quiet enough these days.

Chamois, we had the whole mountain to ourselves that day, but I totally agree with not disturbing others with the buzzing. One of the reasons I got the drone I did is that it's quieter than most (I sometimes worry when it's a few hundred feet away and I can't hear it).

Kudos for taking a cautious approach.

I'm biased, I admit. Especially after being buzzed a few times, once in a National Park. When I approached that offender in what I thought was a diplomatic manner I was told to STFU and mind my own business. I did hurry my ski back down to report the violation, though I doubt the NPS had the resources to chase down an individual offender. Cheers.

The rock lined "chute" provided a nice view of the skiers line. Also a nice view of the sliding "snow".  ;) Thanks.

Awesome, loved the video and great stills from it as well!  If every drone deployment by the public produced a well-edited video of skiing in a cool location, I'm good with it.

I was up there June 11th last year, and found 8" of fresh snow from the base of Headlee onward, then it snowed on me a little while on the summit.  I like the conditions you had more!

Reply to this TR

may-23-2019-vesper-pk
JimD
2019-05-28 12:09:45