May 24, 2019 Crystal

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 May 2019 15:30 #232966 by Zap
May 24, 2019 Crystal was created by Zap
I arrived in the parking lot before 9am and it was super foggy. I finally see the parking person with a big flag. He asked me to cover 2 parking spaces. I think he noticed that I am an old guy. It started to drizzle and the parking person put on a raincoat. A few folks arrive put no one is in a dash to be first on the gondola. I pulled out my 19/20 Ikon pass at the gondola and he asked me to go to the ticket desk for a day pass(no charge). My gondola ride is with a couple. She has new boots and this is her first run after a shoulder surgery.

The ride up is still foggy. I put on the skis and notice a few folks walking up and some skating up the slope from the top of the Green Valley express. When I arrive at the top of the Green Valley trail, I understand when folks were skating up to better areas. The top of the trail is a bit gravel/snow but doable. Then the trail opens up and is a good shape. I decided to boot up to the Rex lift trail. It is still foggy but gets better as I ski down. Then I arrived at the Green Valley lift and the sun arrives. You can see groomed and ungroomed areas. The snow was fun. After awhile I decide to get on the gondola , I started my walk from the Green Valley to the gondola. I noticed a lot of stuff on the ski bases. A short morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.