05/08/19 - Whistler

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 May 2019 21:59 #232940 by ddk
05/08/19 - Whistler was created by ddk
Mentally a tough start to the day - high clouds! But by the time we headed up very nice - then mid station Whistler Bucket white board barely notice sign!!! Freak Out! Peak chair closed do to high avie danger! Ouchie!  Did notice a couple of avie fields in places I don't go, but nothing all day - dang me so sad! Peak was why I was up  here - dang - oh well ski Red and Green with #1 till lunch - nice - and then after I left her in the Round House it was Hamster Treadmill Vert -Oh-Meter skiing., and it was fun. A few on Red steeper runs, then started cycling the Whistler bucket to mid station - long empty runs of slushy fun - till I bumped into a retired Alpy Patroller - Bill - looks like Moses and talks a lot more. Fun, but he made me suffer some Green chair runs that had long return traverses - hate traversing sticky slow snow...So said bye and spent the rest of the day hamstering the upper Whistler bucket (hate taking off my skies for a 10 minute ride, but the skiing was very nice).

Other - Chicken noodle soup looked iffy, rest of the food was not worth a stop. Parking in the basement was free! Bonus!  I'll check the truck sometime before Saturday.  Hopefully the temps will get cold enough tonight to stabilize the snow pack for the ski patrol ...and me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.