04/27/19 - Alpental

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Apr 2019 16:23 #232911 by ddk
04/27/19 - Alpental was created by ddk
Today? Iffy early morning - raining? snowing wet? cold? warm? Such a dilemma? What to wear, go? not go? Ouch! Went, should have gone earlier. Big snow storm over Tiger on 18, big snow up to the pass, big snow in the parking lot, but by the time I jumped onto Aex life
was good and mellow. 3 to 4 new fairly nice quality spring, no lift line, no lift lines all day. Did mostly Aex (Armstrong Express) today, did one lap on the padded seat chair - Upper Nash was big firmish bumps as was most of what I did on that one and only lap. Heard good things about regular places early, but by 11 the warming melt was pretty much done. Fun stuff early started getting a little firmer, some happy runs kept getting happier softer, but not enough to get me much past 2pm. Got lucky during a late short lunch - finally bumped into Mr. Ferk! Made the short afternoon better - didn't have to think about every other run - just follow! Which did give me some different Hamster runs to do. Off and on snow showers, some winds.

Other - Heard the soup was tomato bisque, pizza looked marginal, but the Costco hot doge was pretty big and nice. Parking was good even though I arrived extra late - 8:45? Fun day, nice sized crowd, okay snow even without any grooming, might not be as nice snow tomorrow? Drive fast and furious both ways and way shorter than the drive to Crystal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.