Home > Forum > 4/21 crystal

4/21 crystal

• eskinmo
  • [eskinmo]
More
21 Apr 2019 16:41 #232893 by eskinmo
4/21 crystal was created by eskinmo
Thank you DDK for everything you do all year , to entertain , to keep the stoke alive , to over inform the Cystal mnt faithful, to be both food critic and ski critic. But most of all , thank -you for picking up both my skis after I fell near the entire length of Powder bowl today, in a slide for life situation .... also thanks for driving me to my car in E lot acouple weeks ago........And also Thank-you to Alterra mnt company, for lowering the cost of sking to the Crystal mnt skier and at the same time providing more options on where we can ski..............but mostly DDK for skiing both my skis to me on the last day , of a cold , high quality ski season....Untill we are all at same place.....have a great summer...everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• skykilo
  • [skykilo]
More
21 Apr 2019 16:47 #232894 by skykilo
Replied by skykilo on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
Glad you're all right? DDK sounds like a good person.

More
21 Apr 2019 18:11 #232895 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
And he was stylin' today in his Hawaiian shirt and gangsta hat. Nobody will recognize him next season in his new jacket.

More
21 Apr 2019 19:57 - 21 Apr 2019 20:03 #232896 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
Great day, great that I could help you eskinmo (would have preferred just a nice ski run) and I do enjoy bantering with you, enjoyed very much skiing with you myikat your looking great on those "real" locked in heels skiing like a real skier and yes amazingly skykilo I can be nice (though I did think about it)  PS I be ddk lower case just a random fyi since I'm kinda low key?  Anyway if I had posted first my final Crystal report for this season would be: 

04/21/19 - Crystal Big Incredible Prime Finish

Looked kinda iffy early morning, what will it be like, what to wear?  But by the time CHex started loading - BIG BLUE BIRD skies, icy shady groomers, prime sunny groomers (LS and GV Bowl) and by 9:30 groomers dropped off the options cause Grubstake, Bearpits, SunnySide all started going prime and just kept getting better and better all day.  Hamster mode kicked into overdrive while I was skiing with Ryan ( a very nice and great skier - used to be a lift opp, recently working in the performance ski rental shop), with multi BP's and SunnySides all morning with one MIFB thrown in (biggest bumps I've ever remember seeing there - probably got bigger, but I didn't repeat - cause SunnySide was Hamster Heaven).  Coverage is still great - not that it matters anymore. Crowd was pretty light for last day - though many folks might have been watching the activities at the base mid day - don't know cause I pretty much skied hamster style all day from the opening bell to the last load on REX! Can't remember the last time I've skied all day, it was just to dang nice prime. Big very, big bump fun - almost made me forget KT-22. Saw a number of TAY folks and skied with some (myikat, Scottsman and eskinmo) The run with eskinmo was a real story, dropping into PB my first time watched him do a double toe ski eject and slide 3/4 of PB - ouch! and I had to be nice and pick up his skies stuck in the hill like toothpicks! I went back and repeated PB to enjoy an actual run down it (with out carrying a pair of big heavy planks - ha ha), very nice and I did it a few more times, but SunnySide was overall hamster heaven better, to many times to count. Probably one of the best ever closing days I've had at Crystal - at least in a long time. Coverage is still better than most of the season - so sad their closing, dang!

Other - Parking in A lot was a mess do to the very large crowd that showed up for sun rise services, which I think was not great, so I was parked pretty far back in a not very full lot.  By the time I left there were even less cars parked randomly in A lot - spaced and don't know about any other parking lots, was watching all the cats (6 of them) firing up (parked in a row at the bottom of the A lot above the B lot) to start prepping the slopes on FQex for next weekends big snowboard party! Don't know if there was any soup available on the mountain, heard the buffet at the top was overboard nice, but I think the skiing was better.

Great final day! Wish there were more, but hopefully Alpy at least come through till the 5th, then I can post a lot of "new" short threads about conditions there - before Whistler or Hood or Bachelor or maybe another trip to Tahoe.  Anyway have a great summer for those folks that are done and to the backcountry TAY community have a great time for the next couple of months - know you all will.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Apr 2019 20:17 #232902 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
you're welcome to join us in the padded seat recap thread next weekend. you'll find the parking close and the wheel simple. plan on one more week of mediocrity, hopefully it's big clear skies atop 2 and we can see all that snow on Rainier.

More
24 Apr 2019 12:34 #232903 by RB2
Replied by RB2 on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
The northern resort has always been accommodating, so wondering if they will offer a special passholder appreciation day like they did last season? Took me 10 minutes to get a ticket with my cardboard sign and premium beer!
Attachments:

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Apr 2019 13:51 #232906 by telemack
Replied by telemack on topic Re: 4/21 crystal
Yes, good season. About 100" less than 2017-18? We got 2 days last Tue and Wed by staying at the Village Inn, good spring conditions with a nice soft PB.
Our Ikon Base Pass cost us only $50 more than this season's Xtal Off-Peak Pass with the renewing discount. Weekends, holidays, and all the extra days at resorts I may not get too!
Even with a new jacket I bet we'll still find ddk with his tassle-flying Peruvian hat 8)