Home > Forum > Crystal- Sat 4/20

Crystal- Sat 4/20

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
20 Apr 2019 19:35 - 20 Apr 2019 20:06 #232891 by Quick foot
Crystal- Sat 4/20 was created by Quick foot
There was a big crowd, all lots were full including E & D. I started skiing about 10 o'clock which worked out about right. That was about the time that everything softened up  The vsibility was pretty poor right off the bat with lots of fog on top. In fact, for my first run  I went down Upper Ferks treeline  because it was the only place I could see .  Visibility got much better during the day, in fact there were a lot of sucker holesi which got bigger as the day progressed .  If you didn't like the visibility you could just stand around for a few minutes and wait for a break in the fog .  The snow was pretty darn good. Nice soft forgiving spring snow.  It did not get  sticky except for a couple of places lowdown when I was heading out around 4 o'clock.
here was a big crowd on the sun deck listening to  live music.  There were lines but they weren't too bad and went down about 12:30. The last couple hours of the day had no lines anywhere.  No food at Campbell Basin Lodge, only open for snacks and drinks.  Ferkberg was not groomed but skied well, however the bumps were getting big.

If you are heading up tomorrow a few places that we'll be's nice are Paradise Bowl main run, right down off of upper Autobahn  Upper Autobahn itself was not bad. Snort Elk Bowl was good.  Northway in general skied really well.  I even did the bumps at the bottom right underneath the chair,  Some of my favorite chutes from years past really delivered. The run of the day was Powder Bowl   I especially liked going left off the chair, around the backside and down the snow cannon chute.

NORTHWAY IS CLOSED SUNDAY today was it.

Fun-Factor  4/5
Stoke-o-Meter  4/5  cause the steep stuff went off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.